Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Welcome to VOTSCC . Please enjoy the many features . You may login at anytime to be part of our community .
Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Statistics
We have 474 registered users
The newest registered user is bitaacademy

Our users have posted a total of 44506 messages in 6554 subjects
71 WGT TUTORIALS & 32 YOUNG46 TUTORIALS
CLICK HERE TO SEE OVER 100 YOUTUBE VIDEO TUTORIALS . FROM WGTers , WGT & YOUNG46
FORUM UPDATE
TO THE MANY WELCOME GUESTS . THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER A COUNTRY CLUB WEBSITE FOR A WGT COUNTRY CLUB . PLEASE FEEL FREE TO READ THE FORUMS.
THERE ARE MANY TOPICS OF INTEREST . OR NOT . THIS WEBSITE IS AN INFORMATION AND ENTERTAINMENT WEBSITE ONLY .
MUCH OF THE CONTENT IS ARCHIVES OF PURPOSES PAST .
THERE ARE SOME MORE CURRENT TOPICS .
REGISTRATION IS NOT NECESSARY TO READ THROUGHOUT .
REGISTRATION IS EASY AND FREE . THIS IS AN AD FREE WEBSITE . NOTHING IS EVER REQUESTED FROM REGISTERED MEMBERS .
REGISTRATION ENABLES COMMENTING ON TOPICS . POSTING NEW TOPICS . FULL ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE IMAGE HOST . WHICH IS A VERY COMPLETE AND CONVENIENT TOOL .
PLEASE ENJOY .

Bilko’s Putting Calc
Here is a link to Bilko's Putting Calc and Wind Calc
Just download and install
TIER & AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS
BASIC LEVEL AND AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS , AND SATURATION

WHILE YOUR HERE
WHILE YOUR HERE :
CHECK OUT THE INCREDIBLE PHOTOGRAPHY IN
MY SERIES

THIS USED TO BE THE HOME OF OUR WORLD CLOCK . WHICH CAN NOW BE FOUND IN ITS OWN FORUM ON THE MAIN PAGE ..
THERE ARE MORE WORLD CLOCKS INSIDE HERE .

WORLD CLOCK

FB Like

IMPORTANT MESSAGE REGARDING FUTURE TOURNAMENTS

Go down

IMPORTANT MESSAGE REGARDING FUTURE TOURNAMENTS Empty IMPORTANT MESSAGE REGARDING FUTURE TOURNAMENTS

Post by Paul Sat 17 Jan 2015, 9:45 pm

There are several very uneccessary occurances that have been repeating themselves week after week . 

One of them is that players just play a match and then leave . I asked from the first week to please check with me first . So far every single tournament that we have had could not be finished properly because more than 1 of the participants left before their matches were over . Today there were 3 of you . 

Now , back to the beginning .Almost  every week I wait a little longer to start to see if late comers are going to show . For one because I too have had connection issues just before start time . Also aware that other things come up .Also the bracket will not allow me to start the match until every partipant has checked in or be removed . So as has happened in the last three tournaments . Just as i got through removing the few no shows and resetting then restarting the tournament . I go back to the chat and find that one of them has returned . I then start explaining that I had to remove them in order to start . That i will be right back to add them and restart the tournament . So I go back , reset the tourney , add the guy , and restart  Well because I have to type all this and no one pays attention to what I type . This individual did not give me the courtesy to finish typing that I was happy to see him and glad he made it . Even though he was still there not reading what I was saying . ( sometimes I copy and paste the chat dialogue to offer as proof ) But there were 4 witnesses today . Well he stormed off never to return again . I had to go back and remove his name name that I had just entered and restarted the tournament for . Then restart the tourney again .

Evidentally he messaged another player who forgot to tell me . Why not message me . So I know what the deal is ?

Ok-. So far we have covered that at the beginning if you show up late and the tournament has already started . We all know that I will restart the tourney with no problem no remarks or complaining . That's a given . OK ? So stay there please .

Before I go on . I have created a page in our website that I have embedded the Saturday and Sunday brackets in . With the chat right in between them . These brackets run in real time . Which means when you look at them they are exactly current with the tournament . ( clarify real time once the tournament has started all the way through until after the finals and it has ended and the final results are posted ). So we are able to be right there in the chat and look right at the bracket and know where it stands . 

I am quite proud of this feature . I have never heard of it before I created it .

Next , our brackets , ( the way I set them up ) especially for the  single elimination  . I set them up to have a third place Bronze match to play . This will be played by the two losers from the brackets prior to the semi finals . So when you lose . Your day isn't over you most probably have another match . As was the case today when the two players in the bronze match couldnt even look at the bracket right in front of their face and see they were set up in a match . Or even ask me if they were done . Again two more players  were typing good bye and I clearly had typed in capitol letters HEY WAIT YOU HAVE ANOTHER MATCH DO NOT GO PLEASE HEY HEY HEY . Then they would type ok see you guys next time . And I would type HEY HEY HEY GOD DAMMIT IM TRYING TO GET YOUR ATTENTION . Then they would type thx Paul see you . And they were gone . And the other guys still in the chat would go . LOL , LMAO , WOW , I would say can you believe this *** ? A couple of the guys have been there to witness this every time it happens . Like about 6 now .

Sunday Stroke Play matches tomorrow are DOUBLE ELIMINATION . Every one has to lose at least twice before they are done .

Next , if you are one of the ones waiting for another match and you go to the chat and no one is there . Because everyone is obviously playing in a match probably i'm guessing the last two in the semi finals . Please before you message me and say " I came to the chat but no one was there so guess the match is over ." Please just look at the bracket if there are matches still unfinished on it . Then the people in it are in it . If the brackets says . This tournament is over and the SUPREME CHAMPION is so and so . Then it is probably over . If you look up on the final bracket and see a match between yourself and some one else and it says you lost and you didn't even play it .  Duh I guess you left a little too early .

Many of you were not here when I first explained all of this . But some of you were and are the ones repeatedly causing this migrane . I am not trying to insult or be disrespectful . These things are a bunch of uneccesary  *** that I know if we think about it we can avoid  . It is hard enough just to set up a tournament to get to the point of playing it . This other stuff on top of  it week after week . Is unbearable . 

I / we will try this again . I am quite sure that things can go smoothley . I really have fun . If we can just all try to do it smart . Should be all good . 

Thank you all for participating

PAUL
Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com

Back to top Go down