Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Welcome to VOTSCC . Please enjoy the many features . You may login at anytime to be part of our community .
Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Statistics
We have 475 registered users
The newest registered user is Menupanda

Our users have posted a total of 44842 messages in 6607 subjects
71 WGT TUTORIALS & 32 YOUNG46 TUTORIALS
CLICK HERE TO SEE OVER 100 YOUTUBE VIDEO TUTORIALS . FROM WGTers , WGT & YOUNG46
FORUM UPDATE
TO THE MANY WELCOME GUESTS . THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER A COUNTRY CLUB WEBSITE FOR A WGT COUNTRY CLUB . PLEASE FEEL FREE TO READ THE FORUMS.
THERE ARE MANY TOPICS OF INTEREST . OR NOT . THIS WEBSITE IS AN INFORMATION AND ENTERTAINMENT WEBSITE ONLY .
MUCH OF THE CONTENT IS ARCHIVES OF PURPOSES PAST .
THERE ARE SOME MORE CURRENT TOPICS .
REGISTRATION IS NOT NECESSARY TO READ THROUGHOUT .
REGISTRATION IS EASY AND FREE . THIS IS AN AD FREE WEBSITE . NOTHING IS EVER REQUESTED FROM REGISTERED MEMBERS .
REGISTRATION ENABLES COMMENTING ON TOPICS . POSTING NEW TOPICS . FULL ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE IMAGE HOST . WHICH IS A VERY COMPLETE AND CONVENIENT TOOL .
PLEASE ENJOY .

Bilko’s Putting Calc
Here is a link to Bilko's Putting Calc and Wind Calc
Just download and install
TIER & AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS
BASIC LEVEL AND AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS , AND SATURATION

WHILE YOUR HERE
WHILE YOUR HERE :
CHECK OUT THE INCREDIBLE PHOTOGRAPHY IN
MY SERIES

THIS USED TO BE THE HOME OF OUR WORLD CLOCK . WHICH CAN NOW BE FOUND IN ITS OWN FORUM ON THE MAIN PAGE ..
THERE ARE MORE WORLD CLOCKS INSIDE HERE .

WORLD CLOCK

FB Like

Mobile Match Play - Inviting more than one player

Go down

Mobile Match Play - Inviting more than one player Empty Mobile Match Play - Inviting more than one player

Post by Paul Tue 07 Feb 2023, 10:55 am

Mobile Match Play - Inviting more than one player

• Mobile Match Play - Inviting more than one player U26029799_20230205_095554.jpg?0.161 Mobile Match Play - Inviting more than one player CAN.gif?0.161
    Mobile Match Play - Inviting more than one player Nation.png?0.161
    Gashmaster1
    12 Posts
    Sat, Dec 17 2022 7:49 AM
    When trying to create a Match Play game in the new Mobile version, it only allows you to invite one person from the list. Soon as you invite the first you don’t have the option to invite more, your only option is to tee off.
    Is it a bug in the new mobile version? 

• Mobile Match Play - Inviting more than one player U5453491_20220619_114102.jpg?0.161Mobile Match Play - Inviting more than one player USA.gif?0.161
    pdb1
    24,367 Posts
    Mon, Dec 19 2022 12:03 PM

Mobile Match Play - Inviting more than one player Icon-quoteWGTNico:

Match Play
    • a mode where you compete to win the most holes in an exciting head to head match
    • you can create a game to play with friends or join a game to play against anyone across the world 
    • this mode is crossplay so you can play against those on PC
    • 2 player mode with options to play either practice or scored
    • play any courses available within WGT

• Mobile Match Play - Inviting more than one player U33601129_20210501_105525.jpg?0.161Mobile Match Play - Inviting more than one player CAN.gif?0.161
    MarchieB
    1,475 Posts
    Mon, Dec 19 2022 9:22 PM

• Mobile Match Play - Inviting more than one player U2659490_20180302_121257.jpg?0.161Mobile Match Play - Inviting more than one player GBR.gif?0.161
    DodgyPutter
    4,510 Posts
    Tue, Dec 20 2022 2:09 AM

Mobile Match Play - Inviting more than one player Icon-quoteGashmaster1:

When trying to create a Match Play game in the new Mobile version, it only allows you to invite one person from the list. Soon as you invite the first you don’t have the option to invite more, your only option is to tee off.
    Is it a bug in the new mobile version? 

It's not a bug, Match Play is always two players.  If/when Alternative Shot is added that will be four players and that is the only number that'll be able to play in a game of that format.
    I think some confusion is caused as coin games are often referred to as match play and they're not.  In match play (or alt shot) it's not possible to win 2 holes in a 3 hole game, or 5 of 9, and tie or lose. 

• Mobile Match Play - Inviting more than one player U33601129_20210501_105525.jpg?0.161Mobile Match Play - Inviting more than one player CAN.gif?0.161
    MarchieB
    1,475 Posts
    Tue, Dec 20 2022 5:35 AM

• Mobile Match Play - Inviting more than one player U2659490_20180302_121257.jpg?0.161Mobile Match Play - Inviting more than one player GBR.gif?0.161
    DodgyPutter
    4,510 Posts
    Tue, Dec 20 2022 6:48 AM

Mobile Match Play - Inviting more than one player Icon-quoteMarchieB:

Mobile Match Play - Inviting more than one player Icon-quoteDodgyPutter:
    I think some confusion is caused as coin games are often referred to as match play and they're not.  In match play (or alt shot) it's not possible to win 2 holes in a 3 hole game, or 5 of 9, and tie or lose. 

The OP is not confused as they are not talking about Coin Games. A true Match Play option was added to the Mobile version last week, but as the OP points out it only allows 2 player matches vs. the regular PC version which allows up to 4 player Match Play games.

I didn't say the OP was confused.  I did say there is confusion and I still think so, even if it's me.   Please tell me how do you play 3 or 4 player Match Play games?  I suppose you call it skins (or alt), but apart from that as I'm pretty sure that's not what you meant.
    I'm not on mobile so I can't look but I do know about the update (below), I've never known such a thing on PC.
    It just occurred to me, is this actually Stroke Play that WGT are calling Match Play as you play a match or something.  That would just be wrong in every way so probably not :-(  Ok, it's me that's confused.
    • Mobile Match Play - Match Play is now available on mobile! We took the popular mode from our desktop version and brought it to the small screen. Play any courses on WGT against your friends or anyone across the world!

MarchieB
    1,475 Posts
    Tue, Dec 20 2022 10:55 AM
    • Sorry DP, yes you are correct.
    • I confused 4 player Stroke play with being able to play 4 player Match play. Match play on PC is limited to only 2 players. Stroke, Alt and Skins games are the 4 player options.
    • I had read this quote by Nico with regards to the new Match Play ... " We started with 2 player Match Play since 4 player modes could cause issues since a large part of it relies on the internet connections of the players in that game." I confused his statement with meaning that they limited Match play to 2 players (rather than 4) but he was actually referring to the other 4 player game modes (4 player Stroke,Alt and Skins)
    • The new Match play on Mobile is however true match play where you score by winning holes rather than tallying total strokes taken.
    • 2 player Stroke play on Mobile (where you can choose/invite your opponent) kind of already exists but is limited to 9 hole coin room games where you cannot choose the course or conditions as they are randomly selected by WGT.

Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com

Back to top Go down