Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Welcome to VOTSCC . Please enjoy the many features . You may login at anytime to be part of our community .
Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Statistics
We have 474 registered users
The newest registered user is bitaacademy

Our users have posted a total of 44533 messages in 6560 subjects
71 WGT TUTORIALS & 32 YOUNG46 TUTORIALS
CLICK HERE TO SEE OVER 100 YOUTUBE VIDEO TUTORIALS . FROM WGTers , WGT & YOUNG46
FORUM UPDATE
TO THE MANY WELCOME GUESTS . THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER A COUNTRY CLUB WEBSITE FOR A WGT COUNTRY CLUB . PLEASE FEEL FREE TO READ THE FORUMS.
THERE ARE MANY TOPICS OF INTEREST . OR NOT . THIS WEBSITE IS AN INFORMATION AND ENTERTAINMENT WEBSITE ONLY .
MUCH OF THE CONTENT IS ARCHIVES OF PURPOSES PAST .
THERE ARE SOME MORE CURRENT TOPICS .
REGISTRATION IS NOT NECESSARY TO READ THROUGHOUT .
REGISTRATION IS EASY AND FREE . THIS IS AN AD FREE WEBSITE . NOTHING IS EVER REQUESTED FROM REGISTERED MEMBERS .
REGISTRATION ENABLES COMMENTING ON TOPICS . POSTING NEW TOPICS . FULL ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE IMAGE HOST . WHICH IS A VERY COMPLETE AND CONVENIENT TOOL .
PLEASE ENJOY .

Bilko’s Putting Calc
Here is a link to Bilko's Putting Calc and Wind Calc
Just download and install
TIER & AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS
BASIC LEVEL AND AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS , AND SATURATION

WHILE YOUR HERE
WHILE YOUR HERE :
CHECK OUT THE INCREDIBLE PHOTOGRAPHY IN
MY SERIES

THIS USED TO BE THE HOME OF OUR WORLD CLOCK . WHICH CAN NOW BE FOUND IN ITS OWN FORUM ON THE MAIN PAGE ..
THERE ARE MORE WORLD CLOCKS INSIDE HERE .

WORLD CLOCK

FB Like

HOW TO MAKE OUR TOURNEYS A GOOD GUIDE ( optional )

Go down

HOW TO MAKE OUR TOURNEYS A GOOD GUIDE ( optional ) Empty HOW TO MAKE OUR TOURNEYS A GOOD GUIDE ( optional )

Post by Paul Sun 14 Jun 2015, 2:54 pm

By JimQ916
  Hi all you great members.....hope you're having a great Sunday. I previously posted a few suggestions in the forum concerning the CC Tournament set up that some members liked and some not so much. Taking everything into consideration I have thought about how to have more members sign up and complete the Tournaments they have signed up for. Here are my suggestions

1) Time period....I suggest a minimum of 3 days (ideally 5) to complete a round / tournament:
***I've found that tournaments set up for 3 days or less has numerous members who don't / can't finish their rounds in time. Many members have jobs / family / obligations that prevent them from playing daily and / or even every 3 days so they can't finish in time. There are also numerous other things in our club to do (Blitz / Bracket / Specialty Tournaments) that crunch a members ability to play what they want and consider our CC Tournaments as not a priority (last on the of things to do list).

2) How many Rounds...I suggest no more than 2 but any amount is up to you
*** I've found that Tournaments set up for 1 or 2 rounds have more participation and less members who sign up and don't play, or withdraw because of the length. Tournaments set up for 4 rounds have numerous members who play a round or 2 then either drop out or don't have the the time to finish and WD (see #1 above)

3) Split Tiers....I suggest that most, if not all, Tournaments that are split up for Lower / Upper Tiers draw more people more complete the Tournaments
*** I've found that "All Tier Tournaments" are dominated by the L - TL's with the lower tier members finishing usually 6th or worse at best. I understand that the "All Tier" set up is preferred by some but the idea of "Split Tier Tournaments (H - TM and L - TL) would allow every member entered to compete against players of similar skills with a chance to Win. I find it frustrating to post a 32 - 33 and get beat by 5 - 6 strokes thus I avoid these "All Tier Tournaments"  with many other lower Tier members avoiding them also.

4) Green Speeds / Wind / Tee's...I suggest that the green speeds be set up with the default speed used by WGT.
*** I've found that the green speeds be used in the set up of a Tournament sometimes influences a player to play or not. For the "Lower Tier" Players make the speeds Fast - Very Fast and the "Upper Tier" either Tournament  - Championship. You can choose the difficulty of a Tournament by moving around the tee's and adjusting wind speed. Every so often have a Tournament set up with faster green speed but make those few and far between. I myself, being just a Master, putt on VF greens but also enjoy playing on Tournament greens from time to time and Championship greens and up just kick my butt. Also, take into account the difficulty of the course being played... i recently screwed up by making a Tournament (at Brandon) with impossible green speeds for that course.

5) 9 or 18 Holes...I suggest that most, if not all, tournaments be 9 hole rounds and not 18
*** Once again I screwed up when I set up the Brandon Tournament and made the rounds 18 holes and not 2 rounds of 9 each. I should have set the Tournament up for 2 rounds (1st one front 9, second round Back 9) and never gave a thought to all the time constraints of the members (see #1 above) when I did it.

6) Entry Fee....I suggest that Tournaments be set up for a minimal amount of credits to enter (10 - 20 - 30)
I've found that the Tournaments that have a "low" entry fee attracts more members than one's that have a higher fee to join, especially in "All Tiered" Tournaments. Also, no pay Tournaments sometimes have numerous members joining or just a couple...flip of the coin. At our CC level we're allowed to have 12 free and 12 pay Tournaments going at once. See where we are in the amount of Tournaments there are but let's try to have 10 and 10 going at once. If we have all 24 set up there's no room for the Bracket Tournaments to be set up nor any other "Specialty" Tournaments, such as the "Starter Equipment" Tournaments.

OK, that about covers what I feel would be ideal to attract members to join and also finish any CC Tournaments that are set up. I beg all members to consider setting up CC Tournaments and do so anyway you see fit.....these are just things I've noticed since becoming the Tournament Directer and checking each Tournament daily. Once again, these are only my suggestions and not requirements to set them up........Have a great Sunday......Jim
Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com

Back to top Go down