Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Welcome to VOTSCC . Please enjoy the many features . You may login at anytime to be part of our community .
Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Statistics
We have 476 registered users
The newest registered user is Yui_fan

Our users have posted a total of 45363 messages in 6651 subjects
71 WGT TUTORIALS & 32 YOUNG46 TUTORIALS
CLICK HERE TO SEE OVER 100 YOUTUBE VIDEO TUTORIALS . FROM WGTers , WGT & YOUNG46
FORUM UPDATE
TO THE MANY WELCOME GUESTS . THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER A COUNTRY CLUB WEBSITE FOR A WGT COUNTRY CLUB . PLEASE FEEL FREE TO READ THE FORUMS.
THERE ARE MANY TOPICS OF INTEREST . OR NOT . THIS WEBSITE IS AN INFORMATION AND ENTERTAINMENT WEBSITE ONLY .
MUCH OF THE CONTENT IS ARCHIVES OF PURPOSES PAST .
THERE ARE SOME MORE CURRENT TOPICS .
REGISTRATION IS NOT NECESSARY TO READ THROUGHOUT .
REGISTRATION IS EASY AND FREE . THIS IS AN AD FREE WEBSITE . NOTHING IS EVER REQUESTED FROM REGISTERED MEMBERS .
REGISTRATION ENABLES COMMENTING ON TOPICS . POSTING NEW TOPICS . FULL ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE IMAGE HOST . WHICH IS A VERY COMPLETE AND CONVENIENT TOOL .
PLEASE ENJOY .

Bilko’s Putting Calc
Here is a link to Bilko's Putting Calc and Wind Calc
Just download and install
TIER & AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS
BASIC LEVEL AND AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS , AND SATURATION

WHILE YOUR HERE
WHILE YOUR HERE :
CHECK OUT THE INCREDIBLE PHOTOGRAPHY IN
MY SERIES

THIS USED TO BE THE HOME OF OUR WORLD CLOCK . WHICH CAN NOW BE FOUND IN ITS OWN FORUM ON THE MAIN PAGE ..
THERE ARE MORE WORLD CLOCKS INSIDE HERE .

WORLD CLOCK

FB Like

FIRST HIGH FIVES TO THE SKIES FOR DAVE

Go down

FIRST HIGH FIVES TO THE SKIES FOR DAVE Empty FIRST HIGH FIVES TO THE SKIES FOR DAVE

Post by Paul Mon 21 Sep 2015, 5:58 pm

• FIRST HIGH FIVES TO THE SKIES FOR DAVE Cluckt26
    clucktrentsuperd

173 Posts
    09-21-2015 3:17 PM

i know this is not the usual post...... but a college buddy of mine's 27 year old boy lost his life in buffalo, n.y. 2 nights ago. now i had a wild childhood and grew up in the 60's/70's, but never really got into the heavy stuff. my buddies' boy was bipolar and had broken away from his family. i kept in touch with him through facebook, and had no idea he was so depressed as he was. he was found in an alley downtown after an apparent overdose of heroin. he wasn't a regular user as i have since found out from his girlfriend. she had said though he was really down, had quit taking his medicine, and it is easier in buffalo to get heroin as it is a bottle of wine. what i need is give a high 5 to the skies  for this kid... his name was dave and had a heart of gold. always made others laugh and smile, but was hiding his depression. i had found out through his girl that my friend from college and him had some major fallout years ago, and he actually called me his new dad, and i just left it as that. i had not talked to my friend since i had found out it was an abusive situation that called this fallout. i don't know why i am writing this to my club members, but i have grown to this club like a grape vine, and being here in my cabin in boonies, i don't really have an outlet... just do me a favor, stop for a second and wish this kids' soul is at peace now..THANKS MY FELLOW VOTSCC clubbers!!! oh ,and if soemone around shows a sign, give 'em a hug, and tell them how much they mean to you. cluckTRENTsuperduck

• FIRST HIGH FIVES TO THE SKIES FOR DAVE Pdb165

pdb1

4,903 Posts
    09-21-2015 3:58 PM

You got it Bro . All the best to you . Your friend Dave , and his family from me and VOTSCC . You had no way of knowing and probably could not have prevented this tragic outcome . What you said about seeing signs and giving hugs is so important . Anything positive can only help . Depression is a devastating disease , and when one fails to take their meds we can only hope and pray for the best . But it is usually out of our hands .
      Yes and HIGH 5 TO THE SKIES !!!!!!!

• FIRST HIGH FIVES TO THE SKIES FOR DAVE Skip3816

Skip380

80 Posts
    09-21-2015 4:15 PM

Praying for all involved.

• FIRST HIGH FIVES TO THE SKIES FOR DAVE Harry420

harry4364

137 Posts
    09-21-2015 4:24 PM

trent we feel your pain.rip dave

• FIRST HIGH FIVES TO THE SKIES FOR DAVE Jimq9150

JimQ916

1,029 Posts
    09-21-2015 4:25 PM

My heart and prayers go out to him and his family. To share a personal note about myself is I have "Major Clinical Depression" and know quite well the hopeless and helpless feelings that go along with it. Before I was able to seek medical help I self medicated myself with alcohol and lot's of it ALL the time....caused me a divorse and a few stints in rehab before they got the diagnosis right.....took quite a long time. I've always had Dr.'s that wanted to "cure me" instead of just helping me manage and because of that I became suicidal myself....2 attempts. I finally found a Dr. who understands what I'm going through and instead of trying to cure me (not done) he maintains my sanity with the proper medications...I now drink NO MORE nor partake in any drug except for my depression meds. I have the help and support of my wife of 15 years now and who understands depression and how to deal with me when I have bad days...she's my savior. Just wanted to share my experience but wanted all to know how severe and devastating it can be. Once again, my heart and prayers go out to him....may God rest his soul...Jim

• FIRST HIGH FIVES TO THE SKIES FOR DAVE Nitram14

nitramgoht

59 Posts
    09-21-2015 4:40 PM

The kids and I just went outside and had high five to the sky. Hang in there buddy.  We said prayer for everyone involved.  PEACE!

• FIRST HIGH FIVES TO THE SKIES FOR DAVE Robmur27

robmurphy4

515 Posts
    09-21-2015 5:15 PM

Mine and my family's prayers and high fives to the skies. Good thoughts being sent to Alaska too. Stay strong bro.
    Rob

• FIRST HIGH FIVES TO THE SKIES FOR DAVE Bertas16

Bertasion

67 Posts
    09-21-2015 6:03 PM

Trent, I know how you feel and want you to know your fellow VOTSCC members are there for you and all involved.  There are a lot of people out there like Dave which is why it's always a good idea to try your best to treat everyone you meet as if they are having the worst day of their life; because, they just might be having the worst day of their life.  Be well, Trent.  Brian

• FIRST HIGH FIVES TO THE SKIES FOR DAVE Xdout13

xdout

520 Posts
    09-21-2015 7:55 PM

Trent so sorry for your loss my family and my prayers go out to you and dave's family. I know what its like to live with depression as my wife is clinically depressed and lucky for me I know what she wants when having a bad day she just wants me to be home with her. its tough but so am I and I love her dearly...Mike

• FIRST HIGH FIVES TO THE SKIES FOR DAVE Kishop19

kishoph

191 Posts
    09-22-2015 1:57 AM

My condolences go out to you Trent and of course to Dave's Family and friends.
    This story hits so close to home, not only for myself but for many others. My Daughter's step brother hung himself 2 weeks ago after losing the battle to depression and addiction. Myself I was diagnosed as clinically depressed in 1992 and suffered from addiction for many years, I am now approaching my 16th year clean and sober.
    As for the heroin problem in Buffalo, I lived it and I still see it's affects. One major problem with the heroin in Buffalo is that a lot of suppliers are now cutting it with fentanyl, a synthetic drug which is 100 times more potent than pure heroin. This is the cause of many of the fatal overdoses in Buffalo. They do this hoping to get customers through word of mouth. The sickness of addiction will have you chasing heroin that just killed someone  because you think it's the strongest and that you'll be able to handle it. Unfortunately treatment centers for both addiction and mental health are declining at a alarming rate, mainly due to the insurances companies. There are barely a handful of these centers in Buffalo, which for a city it's size is absolutely ridiculous. As a Buffalonian I see this 1st hand.
    Again Trent I am sorry for your loss and if you or Dave's Family have any questions about addiction, I would be glad to try and answer as I advocate and try to help those that suffer with addiction as well as their Families. My wife is also a retired addictions counselor and can and is willing to help answer any questions that someone may have.
     I am sorry for the long post and for putting it in a club forum, but this is something that is a very big part of me and has affected many around me and if anyone has a problem and needs to talk I am more than willing to listen.
     May Dave Rest in Peace.

Last edited by Paul on Sat 12 Sep 2020, 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Paul

Please enjoy

May the SUN always be with you

home of

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com/ an information and entertainment only website
Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com

Back to top Go down

FIRST HIGH FIVES TO THE SKIES FOR DAVE Empty Re: FIRST HIGH FIVES TO THE SKIES FOR DAVE

Post by Paul Tue 22 Sep 2015, 6:15 pm

@clucktrentsuperd wrote:  cluck.....   hey paul, thanks for startin the h5 thing for dave!!!! he always thought he was born 20 years late because he liked the music we did, and thought it was so cool that we got to see some of the bands that he liked in the present. like i posted on our club site,,,THNKA TO ALL OF YOU that wrote on that post... i immediatey wrote dave's sister and told her, and, if you hadn't read it, his girlfriend bess is givin the eulogy and she was going to bring up our club and wishing our thoughts for dave and his family.   from my heart>>> TRENT

Paul

Please enjoy

May the SUN always be with you

home of

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com/ an information and entertainment only website
Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com

Back to top Go down